Monday, November 22, 2010

Through

This poem is dedicated to my Bible Study Girls (Sarah B, Lea, Michaela, Lauren M, Emily, Sarah H, Lauren G, Emiley, Carrie, Carla, and Blayney) and anyone else God has brought through.   

Oh God

You are my god
I will earnestly seek you
Through the darkness
That never ends
Through the fear
That berates my soul
Through the loneliness
That haunts me
Through the waiting
That causes me to ache

I will follow
Even though I walk
Through the valley of the shadow
You are with me
Comfort and guide me

I will follow
Even though you take me
Through the sun parched lands
Where there is no water
Be my living water

You take me
Through
These places
Never to stay
Always moving forward
Walking the road
Before, behind, beside

You take me
To places higher
Further up
Further in

You are my way
The way through

2 comments:

  1. I love this poem so much - it hits to the heart of me in so many ways. Thanks for writing/posting it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome for the posting, as for the writing... God really did that. The poem was written on a night when there were a lot on my mind and many burdens in my heart. I was really tired but God told me write. I told Him I didn't feel like it, but I did anyways. This is what came from it. Obedience leads to beautiful things.

    @Carrie- I think I might have changed a few things from the copy I gave you. :)

    ReplyDelete